Saturday, August 29, 2009


Extra protection above our sleeping area.

I got two books by Jonathan Ames today, finally. I Love You More Than You Know and The Double Life is Twice as Good. Jonathan Ames is awesome, I read a story by him in a McSweeney's from a couple of years ago titled Bored to Death and was really impressed. I never bothered looking him up because I felt like there's no way he could live up to that first impression but boy was I wrong. You should read him too, do it!

This is from My Wiener is Damaged! :
..I held the hotdog in front of my crotch, and drawled like a madman, ‘Oh, no, I forked my wiener... My wiener is damaged!’... my mother was shouting, “Why can’t we have a nice meal!?!” My father looked up from his plate and there was a twinkle in his strange eyes... "You’re insane," said my son, his puberty-addled voice cracking, his eyes watering, "you’re sick!" But he was smiling happily and my parents were laughing, too. Then I calmed down and we all resumed eating.

-----------------------------------------------------------
DON'T FORGET TO COME TO THE WHITE HOUSE TONIGHT, 377 LANSDOWNE, 7PM.




No comments: