Wednesday, August 26, 2009









Here are some stills from the Fire Ritual video. I'm editing it in the next couple of days. The soundtrack will be a slowed down tape recording of Matt and Taylor and I playing the piano at 3am in the Beacon Room at Gibraltar. I don't know how to play so it sounds really screwed up like a child or a drunkard attempting to make music.

I'm trying to be good to myself and take LIFE seriously. I replaced White Wine and night swimming with Apple Cider Vinegar, exercise, salad and 1am curfew. Let's see how it goes.

Started writing a list of PROs and CONs of living in isolation but now I feel it's just self indulgent and not very practical. Two of the big issues on the list were ESCAPISM and LONELINESS. The biggest "PRO" was Not Spending Any Money Ever.

If you had similar living experiences I'd love to hear about them.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's find the perfect middle ground between taking life seriously and living the life we want to live. The life that let's us skinny dip, take photos, and appreciate the softness of human skin.

For one year I lived the ultimate life in isolation. It was healthy, cheap, and clean. Great, right? No. It disegards one of the fundamental aspects of being human.

The only real way for each of us to embrace human experience is for someone to reflect our humanity back at us. That is, for us to be living with people rather than in isolation.

This is a super hard lesson to learn these days, but somewhere out there are a few people who allow you to be human, overly sexual, creative, cranky, kind, charming, hungry, and anything else that your heart so desires. These are the people that make life worth living, you just have to find them.

http://is.gd/2zrcc

I'm not attaching my name to this post, cause it might be super creepy. But, know that you are sharing the thoughts of someone else who is waiting to find that middle ground. The middle ground that lets us skinny dip in a secluded river and bring in a living wage.