Thursday, October 29, 2009





A couple of photographs Helena shot of me last Tuesday before I left. I really like them. There are more on her website (click her name) however if you are my mom or dad or brother - there is some nudity involved, you've been warned!

The past week in Montreal has been grey but I pulled through by reading good books and working indoors all day. I'm looking forward to Halloween, I have the best costume in mind for someone like me (Eastern European with a slight accent). I will be Isabella Rossellini from Blue Velvet. I shamelessly stole the idea from the lovely Zoe Stonyk (thank youu!) who suggested it would be a good couple-costume (the other half would have been a deranged man chewing on a t-shirt all night). I only need a blue velvet dress, or any dark coloured velvet dress. Do you have it? Can I borrow it?

I'm missing 2 really great things this weekend in Montreal, one is a screening of Seven Easy Pieces by Marina Abramovic tonight at the DHC in old Montreal. It's FREE so if you're around you should go.

The other is an opening for the Geneviève Cadieux and Kiki Smith show at Galerie René Blouin on Saturday. It sounds amazing. Geneviève Cadieux is also my thesis advisor, for which I'm very thankful. Here is a tiny invite:



I couldn't fit a bigger version in so here is the info

Galerie René Blouin
372, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, ch. 501
Montréal, Québec, Canada H3B 1A2
(514) 393-9969 Télécopieur : 393-4571

And now I have to pack. Bye!



No comments: