Sunday, October 11, 2009



this song.

It's 3:30am and I have too many plans for the future, I need a good day planner.

I have only four months to finish shooting, print, edit and frame my thesis. It's crazy! I can't believe it's so soon. It's kind of a relief though because now I know what I'm doing. I work extremely well under pressure and needed the deadline. My thesis show will open on February 10th.

Last night during Patrick's show I flew back in time (in my mind) to a talk Sarah Mangialardo and myself had a few days ago. We talked about Rituals and how my work always feels ritualistic but I never openly address it. And then she said that in the context of my thesis it's appropriate because "rituals make foreign places feel like home" and suddenly everything made absolute sense to me.

Lately I've been terrified of cancer - I keep obsessively checking my breasts for lumps. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and I'm afraid of the body breaking down.



No comments: