Friday, November 13, 2009

Some photos from the summer by Sarah Creskey !!


One of the last fires we had on the island with Matt and Sarah and Gavin


Playing a nose flute that Taylor gave me! I became good at it maybe I can be a one woman show now.

I have to ask something:
have you ever had a major crush on a fictional character??
I do, right now and it really disturbs me! is that just a form of procrastination? to forget about the task at hand (thesis) or what??



It's crazy that to this day I'm struggling to keep my output 50% personal and 50% objective. Most of the time it's closer to 90% personal though. How do you avoid that? In your work or every day life? It's my most unattainable goal - to think or speak objectively, or at least get out of my own head to formulate a different kind of opinion.

Anyway, this show is on tomorrow, you should really go. I have something in it too.



Saturday November 14th
Double Double Land - 209 Augusta.

$3 @ the door starts at 8PM - videos start at 9 with an intermission at 10.

"It Follows Me" will be a continuation of the September26th event (Peripheral Redundance) that happened at DWG in Toronto. This new event will be at an entirely new space and with a somewhat different vibe.
This night will consist of primarily video works from the previous show, as well as, some new works and possibly some new performances; all of which reflect upon the original theme of: The Other In The Everyday.

Artists:

Derek Muehlgassner
Laura McCoy
Anna May Henry
Jubal Brown
Neelam Kler
Laura Paolini
SR Palm
Jamie Ross
Vanessa Rieger + Kevin Hainey
Minao Omi+ Anaeq

Performances by:

Jon McCurley
Yuula Benivolski


Curated by David F.M. Hanes and Xenia Benivolski

Please come support these artists - All profits are going towards a catalog compilation of the work.

4 comments:

Sara in America said...

Which character?

Anonymous said...

I knew this was gonna come up and there is no way I'm going to post it here, ha! Maybe I can tell you in secret.

Anonymous said...

That was Yuula - in reply to Sara!

Sara in America said...

Hahaah! Okay!