Friday, January 22, 2010

I have 8 years worth of dreams and nightmares written down somewhere, what should I do with it?

Giving some of them another read I noticed that the majority of my dreams right after we moved to Canada were about war and fatal injuries. Here is one:


2002-01-29 | 8:40 a.m.
dead rats

I couldn't sleep so I went outside for a smoke. Our [Yaffe Nof house] balcony seemed much taller than it usually is, plus, instead of the metal bars it had cement stairs, going almost all the way down. I looked up and there was a plane coming our way, carrying a huge orange bomb. I watched it as it dropped the bomb and felt everything shake and move and all the windows shattered. I was scared and ran inside and buried myself in the blankets.

In the morning I discovered that our house had turned into a MacDonalds. Random unfamiliar people were sitting inside, scratching horoscope themed lottery tickets. Somehow I knew I had to get the sequence 7865 in order to win and so I did. A homeless man was sitting next to me, he was wearing all grey and mumbling about us being ungrateful.

I went outside to see what happened to the buildings after the bombing and was amazed to discover that the sea, which was usually behind our building is now everywhere. You couldn't step out of the house anymore because there was nothing outside but water. We stood on the balcony for a while, looking at it, when a huge wave came crashing down on my grandmother and other relatives and neighbors. They scurried, running and screaming and I was glued to one spot, the wave passed me by as if it spared me.

1 comment:

Robyn Dru Germanese said...

Yuula this is hauntingly beautiful. I often have dreams of tsunami/ flood water and grandmothers and homeless people. I always remember these dreams. Beautiful .