Thursday, January 14, 2010


Just came back from Raymonde April's opening at Les Territoires, it's beautiful! You should go, here is more information (click).


There is also an ongoing exhibition at the FOFA right now, titled

YOU HAVE
HAIR LIKE FLAGS,
FLAGS THAT POINT
IN MANY DIRECTIONS
AT ONCE BUT CANNOT
PINPOINT LAND
WHEN LOST
AT SEA

by Alisha Piercy. She is a dear friend of mine who makes the most incredible paintings. She also released a book alongside the exhibition under the same title. She is slowly painting on the walls of the FOFA vitrines and will do so for about a month. Then when it's all over the gallery will paint over her work. Insane! I've been watching the progress every day. The picture above this is from an old series of paintings that she produced last year, it's about 40"x80" and is on really nice hand made paper.
--------------

In other news, I am fascinated by the gym. It's the best place! After about 10 minutes on the treadmill I get really into it and suddenly it feels like everyone in the room is moving in unison like a huge sweaty organism.

Today while running I was combing the gym with my eyes to find a friend but instead saw this emaciated girl a few rows ahead of me. She was on the elliptical machine and weighed about 90 lbs. She was taller than me. She furiously pumped her legs up and down while leafing through a fashion magazine and taking sips from a giant bottle of water. It made me feel sad because exercise makes me feel so great, it helps me sleep at night, it cures my bad moods. I rarely consider it to be dangerous. I guess it's all in your state of mind.

2 comments:

Xenia said...

http://jezebel.com/5450224/on-pseudo+fitness-magazines-and-eating-disorders

benivulka said...

that's so horrible :(