Tuesday, January 12, 2010



WHY SO SERIOUS?

Why am I always so serious about everything? I guess I should just accept it and move on, right. Is it because I think that seriousness begets authenticity and respect? It's not always true, sometimes being serious is just boring. Even when I joke I'm sometimes serious! It's always been the case. When people act "goofy" around me I sometimes get jealous because I don't know how to be that way! I want to not take things so personally anymore, how do you do it? Are you serious too?



By the way, I decided not to drink until the opening at Les Territoires, which is in exactly one month. It's been 10 days now with zero drinks and oh, now I realize how much I rely on alcohol to relieve tensions.

2 comments:

Xenia said...

Haha! I have the same problem, I think that if I'm serious people will listen, like confusing serious with assertive? The other day someone told me that NOW article was so boring and you know what, they're right! hahaha! How do you keep yourself in check? I dunno, who cares, be serious! Better serious than self conscious!

Robert Dayton, Junior said...

Sure, but it's the sense of humour that helps to make it through the days. Assertive is good, there's been times where I felt wayyy too submissive and kicked myself later!