Monday, August 30, 2010


I think I'm R. Stevie Moore's number one fan. Don't you think he's the greatest?!

The other day in my dream I cut off all my fingers and tried to stitch them on backwards. Unfortunately, the dream took place in a dark forest and some of the fingers got lost in the grass. While searching for them wild dogs emerged from the bush and ate a bunch. I was still happy with only having a few left to myself.

Being back in Montreal made everything fall naturally back into place. It's kind of fucked up.

I was just reading about the lunar cycle and how it affects human behaviour, did you know that crime rates rise during the full moon? You should read about MURDER TIDES. That website is kind of bullshit hippie garbage but I desperately want to believe that it's real.

I'm helping Sarah Mangialardo with her thesis show and up until this point I didn't realize how much I've missed the ugly Concordia hallways. I miss being surrounded by metal alone in the darkroom. It's soothing. Eventually you end up having a real physical relationship with the machines, you know what they like or how they want to be approached. I don't mean to sound like a creep but it's true. It's satisfying when you know how to make it work.

I want to climb the mountain before I leave here. Join me. We'll get some champagne or cider and drink it up at the observation point after the long walk.



3 comments:

marla said...

That was fun the walk to the mountain.

JEFF GARCIA said...

I know exactly what you mean, I get totally attached to all the machine s I used in the studio. I hate them sometimes and I love them.

xoxo
jerf

benivulka said...

Jeff can we meet when I come back?? I think we need to discuss the future of my bones.