Sunday, November 7, 2010


how it feels now
but tomorrow will be good.
--------------------------
I am slowly conquering my fear of heights and elevators. Today I took the elevator 10 floors up at Concordia and didn't even blink. Probably because I'm feeling like a zombie.

I think it's safe to assume that most of you have read "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen when you were young, right? What was the scariest part in the story for you? That story used to terrify me because, as a child, the idea that getting pricked with a tiny shard of "evil" mirror-glass could completely transform a loved one's personality for the worse seemed like a very believable nightmare. Because human relationships are so unbalanced it made sense that any little thing can sway one to hate and be cruel and cold. It made me feel paranoid. I know that there's a happy ending but that story is totally not suitable for young children. At least if wasn't for me.

Can anyone tell me where I could cut large pieces of mirror in Toronto? How hard would it be to just do it myself? You should download "Delicate Tension" by R. Stevie Moore. It's so so good. Here's some R. Stevie for you--





Good night and good luck

1 comment:

DFMH said...

yuula,

try the glass cutters on harbord just past Grace street on the south side... beside the ally-way.

it's called CGA Glass and Mirror