Tuesday, November 30, 2010



So far not smoking makes me feel like I have zero patience for anything. Like I want to rip the door off the hinges or slap someone really hard or go for a five hour jog or chug coffee or whiskey or anything comparably self destructive. Instead I'm blasting Bruce Springsteen in my studio and cleaning. I have smoked for almost fifteen years which is half of my life. Today a woman said to me that in all of the quitting smoking literature she's encountered no one ever mentions the role our self destructive urges play in smoking or drinking or any other addiction. It's true, why doesn't anyone talk about it? I know I want to harm myself sometimes and I'm sure you do too, everyone does! Why is it so hard to admit. Anyway, it will be over soon. Have you listened to these insane recordings by David Lynch?? Holy moly. I don't know what to think.

3 comments:

magda o said...

hi.

saturn return.

it's ending i guess.

thank you for the birthday wishes.

i don't even want to acknowledge that lynch thing...

nicole aline legault said...

listen to them at the same timee

benivulka said...

I LOVE LISTENING TO THEM AT THE SAME TIME!