Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last night David and I both admitted that we've been feeling melancholy for days despite our chipper faces. Then he showed me a video that describes exactly how I feel. This video is my new favourite thing. Please watch, it's beautiful and is only two minutes long.


I spent all morning today scanning negatives like a machine whilst listening to the Virgin Suicides soundtrack. Lame! Right? No.

AW
I don't feel these feelings often so excuse me while I revel in them. Highschool Lover and Todd Rundgren? Yes please.

Anyway hi. This was Montreal and Zeesy and I offered torture for money at la Centrale. We barely broke even. Not everyone is a masochist.

We even had an ear chart marked with the desirable spots for our Aggressive Reflexology treatment (mother issues and guilt were the most popular).

Jim kept coming back for more. I must have tasered him four or five times.

By the way if you don't know what I'm talking about please refer to this link.

Oh hey. Sometimes if I hang out in the kitchen I turn around and Nader's already there, he's been sitting there for half an hour in fact, on someone's computer! Sneaky.

Summer with pals=what I miss the most. Summer is my natural habitat.

BTW I fell off this dock in the dark once, with my drink still in my hand. It was late at night and I was trying to show a constellation to Victoria and walked into a black hole. It was May and quite cold.

OK this may not be too bad. I learned skating again on the island lagoons.

Uh oh.

Jerkface! Taylor is playing a solo show tonight for the first time in a couple of years (?) at the Music Gallery for C is for Cure fundraiser. See you there!

The fundraiser is for our dear friend Neil who was diagnosed with leukemia a month ago. He is home now and recovering. Did you know that unless you're hospitalized, OHIP does not cover your cancer treatment medication anymore? I didn't, until now. That is why poor people who can't afford to pay $95 a pill may not stay alive unless they get help.

WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING OUR TORTURES? IS IT BECAUSE THE EARRINGS AT THE TABLE NEXT TO OURS LOOK MORE APPEALING?

Every time I feel sad today I think of what's happening in Egypt and my future and everyone's hard work and it makes me feel much much better. I am working on two shows, a video, a performance and a book. Spring is just around the corner and Mubarak can go to hell. Everything will be alright!

I hope to see you at Dundas Square today. Goodbye.






No comments: