Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OLD FAVOURITES AND A QUESTION ABOUT SELF CENSORSHIP








Trine Sondergaard "How to Hunt"


Paulette Phillips "The Floating House", video installation






Butoh


Well you know!


Karen Knorr "The Corridor"


Douglas Gordon "Play Dead", video installation


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today at breakfast I asked my mom how to handle weird or extreme topics on my blog. For example: I know that some of my friends' parents read it. As well as old employers and professors, maybe new potential employers? I censor myself all the time. My mom said "just write whatever you want, if they know you they'll find out soon enough anyway." Is that the right approach? Or am I somehow putting myself in danger here? If you know the answer please share.

1 comment:

jjj jjjJj said...

moms know best, but i would follow that advice only while in a calm rational state of mind.
in extreme situations we can write things we regret, and that isn't honest either.

who is the guitar player?