Friday, February 18, 2011

Waiting waiting waiting waiting! Where am I?

Bounty.

I just read this essay (link) titled "Unconcerned But Not Indifferent" that Kim showed me today. It's about the World Press Photo exhibit I saw a few years ago in Montreal, please read it if you have a few minutes.

“The tremendous development of photojournalism has contributed practically nothing to the revelation of the truth about conditions in this world. On the contrary photography, in the hands of the bourgeoisie, has become a terrible weapon against the truth. The vast amount of pictured material that is being disgorged daily by the press and that seems to have the character of truth serves in reality only to obscure the facts. The camera is just as capable of lying as the typewriter” - Bertolt Brecht,1931

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other day Susan Coolen told me a great story about these people (scientists? natural history museum people? curious bone collectors?) who buried a dead beached whale so that they can harvest the bones later on. They came back twenty five years later and the whale was still decomposing. There was still fat on the bones. I'm so impressed.

The change in the weather brought some serious changes to my mood (good changes). Two weeks ago I could listen to a sad song and cry or see an older woman at a coffeeshop eating a donut and cry or watch a youtube video of kittens yawning in a cute basket and cry and now instead I just smile and wave! At the woman not at youtube. I'm not meant to live in a cold country. Does that mean that I need to break up with Canada? Oh no.

Oh yes come to Dundas square tomorrow at 4pm and see something special! Bye!

PS
to all the astrology lovers I will scan and post your requests this weekend! I lost interest in the Zodiac for a brief moment..

No comments: